The purpose of the Subsidy Action Committee is to win policy changes that reform WNY Industrial Development Agencies in order to ensure that subsidized economic development represent high road economic development principles of sustainability, equitable economic opportunity, family sustaining jobs, and environmental responsibility that encourage strong communities.
- Pass policy that ensures permanent workers of employers who receive tax subsidies receive a Living Wage (Erie County Living Wage).
- Support the passage of the JOBS Act through the state legislature.
- Help to educate the broader community about economic development, subsidies, and the need for reform.
- Help identify moments for strategic action
- Develop actions that bring attention to the good and the bad of local economic development, challenge corporate greed, and bring together the organized labor, faith leaders, individuals activists, and community based organization
- Support turnout to actions and other events
For more information, please contact Andy at 892.5877 or email@example.com